Friday, February 11, 2011

I Heart N.Y.

I don't think it's the smelly wefts of air that randomly find your nose while walking down the streets, or the blisters that your feet are covered with after a day of playing tourist, and it's for sure not the fear of some passerby grabbing your purse that keeps my smile big and my heart happily beating as I land in N.Y.C.

My obsession began as I became deeply involved with my 'friends': Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, Chandler, and Joey. I wanted to see what this place was all about, the minute I was introduced to the witty, hilarious, can't-get-enough-of, t.v. show.

Since I first visited, I have done every touristy thing I have wanted and then some other things. Some of my favorite N.Y.C. memories have to be:

the time I took a sleeping pill and was O-U-T by the time I buckled my seatbelt,
riding a train (for the first time) into the city to go to Yankee stadium,

checking out the latest and greatest in hair trends at the IBS show in 2006,
staring for a long time at this woman's hair (IBS 2006),
visiting with Alfonso, the stylist from Italy, as he demonstrated a very expensive curling iron,
signing away my life as I decided, on a whim, to get my eyeliner tattooed on (most painful thing I have done so far),

checking out various salons,

visiting my favorite tourist attraction in NYC-- Central Park,
finding my favorite little shop in Greenwich village,
people watching,
learning the latest in styling, cutting, and coloring techniques at a hands-on training workshop,
Having a star-struck moment as I connected with my 'friends' on Morton street in Greenwich Village,
enjoying a C.E. course taught by Nicholas French,
dressing up and hitting Times Square,
hitting Broadway to see:

Legally Blonde (LOVED IT!),
and Wicked (which Sean took me to see in 2009-- LOVED IT!),

attending the Manhattan temple, in the middle of a bustling city, and not being able to hear a thing,
enjoying the nuts from the vendors while trying not to think about germs........,
watching Sean try to figure out their parking system,
and most recently, hitting Chinatown with Sean, Phillip and Brittany,
posing with Sean and his other love-- the 'disc',
checking out the skyline, while taking the ferry, and watching the brothers bond,

letting Brittany and Phillip find the temple,
and lastly, watching Brittany do what we all want to do at the end of a 12 hour day on your feet in NYC.
Each time I leave Chinatown, I have the same few lines running through my head: "You like? You buy.", "Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton", and "I give good price". It's safe to say that I love this place and have fond memories stamped all over it!

No comments: