Monday, November 16, 2009

Thoughts

I should be packing, cleaning, sleeping, running, reading, taking care of last minute details, or setting up the new apartment. Instead I thought I would take a moment to document the feelings I am feeling right now.

I only have:

One day left until my wonderful Pittsburgh friends shower me. One day left to sit at the front desk at the salon, watching the clock sloooooowly pass the time. One day left of waiting...

Two days left until I am done with work for the next week and a half. Two days left until I have to clean and move the rest of my stuff out of my place. Two days left to remember all that I need to take for Utah and Cancun. Two days left to find ways to squeeze everything into my suitcase. Two days left of waiting...

Three days left until I get to get my nails and pedicure done. Three days until we board our plane to Utah. Three days left until I get to see family! Three days left of waiting...

Four days left until I get to see many of my Camano Island friends. Four days left until I get to see my wonderful Utah friends. Four days left until I get to see my former roommates and other important individuals come in from California, Las Vegas, Texas, Idaho, South Carolina, New Hampshire, and Seattle. Four days left until we get our marriage license. Four days left of waiting...

Five days left till my face hurts from smiling so much. Five days left until I wear the most expensive item of clothing I have ever had and will ever have. Five days left until I become a bride. Five days left of being a fiance. Five days left until I become a wife. Five days until I am no longer Rachel DeFreese, but Rachel Quigley instead. Five days left until I get to be sealed to the man that makes my heart skip beats when he holds my hand.

Five days until the day I have waited 26 years and nearly 8 months for.

Five days left of waiting...

To November 21, 2009:
I never thought this would happen. Thank you for finally coming!

10 comments:

Rob and Juliann said...

I'm SO excited for you Rachel! I can't wait to see you in your beautiful white dress!

Carly said...

Why do your posts always make me cry?! I am so glad you stopped to write down your thoughts! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see in that very expensive article of clothing!

Mari said...

You are gonna have the best time! Getting married is so fun and emotional and wonderful. And we went to cancun on our honeymoon. It was awesome! You are gonna love it.

Dana said...

Hooray! I'm so excited!!

Helena said...

Beautiful. I am so happy for you.

Gretchen said...

Happy Wedding Week!! I'm excited for you and hope all goes perfectly for your super special day!

Anonymous said...

I wish we could be there to see it! We hope you have the most wonderful day ever!!!

Di said...

I have tears in my eyes for you Rachel. It's so wonderful and I hope when he holds your hand your heart always skips a beat. And have so much fun with everything!

Will said...

I'm totally excited that you're so excited.

Deanna said...

cute! congrats. You two are cute.
xoxoxo