Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the life of a ping-pong ball

I am a ping-pong ball. I go back and forth and back and forth.

One night I am in bed telling Sean that I need to be a better mom, and then the next day I am apologizing and telling him I need to be a better wife.

On the days I feel I've been a 'good' mom, I feel I've been a terrible wife and visa versa. If there is an unexpected day where I have been both, don't look at me-- I have bags under my eyes, zero make-up on, the dishes are in the sink, the bed isn't made, I have the worst hair-do, Charlie has bruises from being adventurous around the house, and I cry in the shower that I take at 11 pm before I go to bed because it finally feels good doing something for me.

The daily goal of finding balance has to be practiced each day because I have failed at it the day before.

Thankfully I always have tomorrow to perfect it once again.

Thankfully they both know how to forgive.

8 comments:

Will said...

Oh Rachel . . . if both boys still light up when they see you, consider the day a success. (And they will if greeted with a genuine smile)

I wasn't going to say anything else buy my word verification was "rebutal" and I "rebut" and say you're probably a great mom and wife!

Malerie said...

It is hard sometimes! I had to laugh because my post today had to do with not feeling like a great mom all the time :) All moms understand this. You're not alone! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Just know this is true for all moms! ... James will be home in a half hour and I have only brushed my teeth and washed my face. Poor husbands:)

Delee said...

I think you are being a little hard on yourself. :) I just gave a YW lesson on Pres Uchtdorf's talk about Forget-Me-Not flowers. It was just what I needed. I hope it helps you, too!

Lizzie said...

We have ALL been there. It is tough (but so worth it, right?).

I have a friend (who is one of those super amazing moms) who says she prays every morning for patience and repents every evening for not having enough.

I think you are pretty amazing. Sean and Charlie are so lucky to have you.

Jenni said...

Awe what an incredibly sweet post. I think all mothers can empathize with you on this. Don't worry - it gets better. At least I hope.

Julee said...

Yep, thats life. You are doing it great, I am sure. I can't believe how big Charlie is already. You all look so cute! Congrats! I wish I could walk and smell grape juice.

rjd said...

Man that's a great picture of the Quigley boys!