Sunday, October 4, 2009

Where's my umbrella?

I have been attending receptions, bachelorette parties, and bridal showers for years. I was always excited to go and celebrate with the bride and groom. I didn't realize that it would be hard to be the center of attention. Don't get me wrong, I loved all that everyone did for me, but wasn't used to having the party be about me. There were a couple embarrassing moments involving the words: little, black, lacy, skimpy, tight, revealing.... well, you get the picture.

A big thanks to all who came! Another big thanks to the women who threw the wonderful shower-- Megan, Emily, and Crystal. I know that a lot of time was spent in preparation, and I am very appreciative! My ever-so-talented friend, Crystal is an AMAZING party thrower, and made sure that every last detail was perfect!

For journaling purposes-- The agenda went greeting, mingling, eating (lots of wonderful food-- calzones, caesar salad, truffles, and a chocolate fountain with lots of items to dip), introducing everyone, playing a game that had to do with me telling my engagement story, gifts-- lots of gifts, and then the after-party.... devouring the chocolate fountain with our tongues. YUMMY!


Emily and Megan making truffles


The mastermind behind this all, Crystal Mitchell. Love this girl!




Love them all!


Diane, this is what you and Mala got me-- I loved that with your card and picture, I felt you were there!


All the gifts I received are wonderful, appreciated, and will be put to good use (wink wink). I had to post this picture to show the quilt Crystal made for me. It is gorgeous and it was her first one!


The after-party




A BIG thank you to all who have showered me with thier support and love for me throughout the whole dating process!!! It's been a ride, and thankfully it's just about over :)

2 comments:

Kaela Cusack said...

i'm so sorry i couldn't make it!!! what's your address in PA-I want to send something :)

Diane said...

You are amazing! I wish I could have been there. It looks like sooo much fun. I miss ya girl!